January was a busy month as I used fresh funding from the 2010 budget to pick up some of the higher-priority figures that I missed out on last year (namely, Gift’s 1/5 Yoko and Good Smile Company’s 1/8 Black Rock Shooter).
I never wrote about the Yoko figure on this blog, but it was one I was just sure I was going to get when I was first announced and simply never did. Luckily, I found her marked down at Entertainment Earth earlier this month, so I guess waiting on a figure paid off for once.
I threw Orchid Seed’s 1/7 Red Stone Lancer figure into the cart alongside Yoko to push my order over the free shipping threshold. It’s a figure that had caught my eye in the Hobby Search RSS feed, but I probably wouldn’t have ordered it on its own. Tentacle Armada’s Lancer review did positively influence the decision somewhat.
Obtaining GSC’s Black Rock Shooter figure was far and away my #1 priority going into 2010 and doing so proved to be far more difficult than I had hoped or anticipated. I probably spent an hour or more every day for three weeks scouring the web trying to find her in stock somewhere outside of eBay. I had nearly given up before I chanced upon some stock at Big Bad Toy Store for a reasonable price.
Resinya’s 1/6 Galett was a regular preorder from Hobby Search. She was delayed enough from last year that HS was still taking reservations in early 2010. Unfortunately, AmiAmi wasn’t taking any more orders for Galett at the time or I would have probably taken advantage of a slightly better discount from them.
Earlier this month on Figyura
- New Year’s Resolutions 2010
- Figure Financials: 2010 Budget
- Wallpaper: Alter 1/8 Yagyu Jubei
- New Release Roundup, Jan. 2010 Edition
- Good Smile Company – 1/8 Black Rock Shooter from Big Bad Toy Store
- Resinya! – 1/6 Galett Fey Sowauge from Hobby Search
- Orchid Seed – 1/7 Red Stone Lancer from Entertainment Earth
- Gift – 1/5 Yoko from Entertainment Earth
- Good Smile Company – 1/8 Canaan from Hobby Search
- Alter – 1/8 Yagyu Jubei ~Swimsuit~ from ToysLogic (rollover from 2009)
- Clayz – 1/6 Nekomimi Maids from Hobby Japan via Celga (rollover from 2009)